Welcome home from summer holidays! If you’ve missed out on all the Calgary fun while at your cabin, here’s a quick recap of Summer 2012 at espy:
- Stampede brought a lot of fun and media down to espy! The espy girls modeled Stampede fashion on Breakfast Television with our fav Stampeders. And click here to see espy stylist Alexandra’s Stampede style interview, which was featured in newspapers across western Canada!
- #bikiniespy on July 7th was a massive success! We styled 100 bikini clad cowgirls and raised over $25,000 for Special Olympics Calgary. Again, huge thanks to all of our supporters, participants, volunteers, and sponsors. Click here to see photos from our very special event.
- CTV Morning Live made their way down to espy to talk to Ashley and Meagan about summer style and beauty trends. They even let us do a mini preview of the espy flash mob live!
- espy owner Megan was invited to speak about and represent the Inglewood Sunfest Festival on Global TV early in the morning before we taught the entire street the flash mob!
- And finally…the big one! The espy flash mob went off without a glitch on Saturday, August 4th in the middle of 9th Ave SE. We danced and danced and danced our way through espy’s community project for Calgary. Thank you to everyone who jumped on board and participated. Click here to see some great photos from the day.
- REMINDER: If you purchased a DENIM GROUPON for espy in February, it EXPIRES on either August 22 or September 3, 2012. That means, after those dates, you can no longer redeem your Groupon deal. Check the date on your Groupon and get in here now to redeem! It does get very busy in the store the days leading up to the end of Groupon, so we suggest you beat the rush. Click here for more info on the espy denim Groupon.
- Looking for some denim inspiration before you redeem your Groupon? Check out our Groupon Style blog, click here!
- One thing you may notice around espy is the absence of a very special person! Senior stylist, buyer, and manager (affectionately called) Ashley Style had her last day at espy! She is moving to Toronto to be with the man of her dreams and continue her career as a buyer! Not to worry though, she will be back for lots of visits and help throughout the fall. We know you will miss her just as much as us. Best of luck to you, Ashley! Love you and miss you already!
Lots to look forward to this fall and winter, so here’s what is upcoming at espy:
- The very best of fall fashion!!! The true fashionista’s fav season is about to explode in here. Your expert stylists are itching to style you in our newest merchandise. Read below to see what we’ve got coming in this month for you.
- A Mad Men themed fashion show in September! Check your inbox for an exclusive invite!
- #nakedespy – let’s hope it’s a little warmer this year boys!
New brands and new merch for men:
- All the espy stylists are really excited about Marshall Artist, our newest menswear brand from the UK. Unexpected yet subtle details and super trendy pieces your closet is craving for the fall season.
- Fall Bertigo has already arrived and looks great with denim…which is perfect considering you have a denim Groupon to redeem before September 3!
- Great, classic shirts arrived from Bugatchi this week. If your work-wear wardrobe needs an update, these shirts are the place to start.
- New styles from our tried and true brand Matinique are also in store!
Ladies…you know we’ve always got you covered! Here’s what we’ve got in store and on it’s way:
- Megan just got back from LA! Which means the store is packed full of the cutest affordable tops you can’t find anywhere in Calgary!
- Lots of new plus size items are here too! Perch and Popsy from LA and a new line called Zenobia, featuring plus size blazers!
- Tua Plus and IDO will also be arriving this week! We’re so excited about our growing plus size section!
- RD is shipping this week! Are you ready for fall sweaters??
- The always unique Scrapbook is in store now.
- BB Dakota’s Fall 2012 collection is amazing! And will be gone before even the stylists can get their hands on it!
- The classic espy brands Mystree, Body Bag, and Yumi have also arrived in their fall colors!
Stay in the loop with the espy crew by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter (@espyexperience and all the stylists!), and visiting our webpage for everything from blogs to hours to event info!
Don’t forget to REDEEM your DENIM GROUPON before August 22 and September 3!
the espy stylists