Now that September has rolled around – back to school, back to work, back to less than ideal temperatures (not quite yet, but we all know it’s coming) – it’s time to get back into the swing of everything. Summer has come and gone once again! And what are you left to wear besides Wranglers, board shorts, and manks (ie. man tanks)??
So many lovely fall items of course! Here’s what you need to look for to complete your Fall/Winter wardrobe this year:
Opt for leather outerwear this season!
- Try a neutral color in a suede jacket – such as tan or grey – for a preppy, casual look. Layer under your leathers with classic oxfords in blue tones and knit cardigans or hoodies.
- Look for black leather jackets with front pockets – military style! Pair with a neutral hoodie, tee, and dark denim (channeling Justin Theroux`s style is never a bad thing!)
Nothing makes you look more pulled together than a stylish layer. I know you’re men and you get hot – but guess what? You can always take a layer off! The trick is to wear the right pieces that look just as good on their own as they do together.
- An easy layered look to try – a striped henley (ie. a tshirt or long-sleeved shirt with buttons from the collar to approx. mid chest), your fav soft plaid, and a really special, heavy, statement sweater – such as the gorgeous BRAND NEW Desigual sweater pictured below. If there’s a chill in the air – finish the look off with a knit toque!
- Or try pairing your graphic tees with a denim or chambray button up shirt and a light-weight jacket – in a bold fall color like rust!
3. Keeping it Simple
Sometimes your most stylish outfit is a great fitting pair of jeans and a basic v-neck tee or long-sleeved henley.
All you need is cool shoes!
- If you’re a little more on the sporty side – kick it old school with high tops and slim to skinny jeans. Top the look off with a light weight track jacket with a high collar.
- Maybe you’re slightly more trendy – so give your jeans a cuff and pair with a suede lace-up. Finish the look with a denim shirt or jacket in a different wash than your jeans.
- Just a casual guy?? A pair of Converse and a hoodie will do you just fine!
4. Elbow Patches are Catches!
They’re not just for your stuffy philosophy prof … (or the 80′s) … elbow patches have made a major comeback over the last few fall seasons – peaking this year on everything from slim, textured blazers to knit hoodies to casual button downs. Look for patches in leather, mirco-suede, and smooth fabrics for a sleek, modern take on the bookish trend.
5. The Blazer Quest
It’s all about the hunt for the best blazers this season! And they’re all coming up luxe – whether it’s through rich colors like burgundy, navy, and rust or textures and details like quilting, sheen and tough tweeds. Definitely a must-have!
the espy stylists