#nakedespy happened on Saturday, November 17, 2012. Thank you to all those who participated, sponsored, volunteered, and attended. Until next year!!! xoxoxox
1. What is #nakedespy?
#nakedespy is a fundraiser for the Calgary Prostate Cancer Center, which is organized and hosted by us – espy experience – the affordable designer boutique located in Inglewood. Each November, espy asks men of all ages to participate in #nakedespy by stripping down to their skivvies and waiting in line, outside espy’s doors, for FREE clothes with a donation to the CPCC. Last November, espy outfitted 100 men for free! They showed up in their undies, braved the freezing November chill, and left looking super stylish in sponsored clothing from some of espy’s favourite brands. But before they walked out our doors, they left major donations behind – #nakedespy 2011 raised over $9,200 for the CPCC!
2. When is #nakedespy?
Saturday, November 17, 2012
3. #nakedespy 2012?
This year’s #nakedespy is doing things a little differently! Participating men will be asked to stand outside espy in their underwear on the AFTERNOON of November 17th for a FREE outfit valued at $500 with a minimum $100 donation to the Calgary Prostate Cancer Center. Guys in line will enjoy tons of free giveaways and participate in the first part of the Mr. Nakedespy contest. Being one of the first 100 men in line doesn’t only guarantee you the sponsored clothing, but also entrance for you and 2 guests into espy’s exclusive #nakedespy party! All the underwear clad participants will be brought in for styling and the party at 4:30pm!
4. What is the #nakedespy party?
The #nakedespy party is what happens when the line-up is over! As soon as we bring all the guys in from the cold, the party will begin while the guys get styled by the espy stylists and make their donations to the Calgary Prostate Cancer Center.
- Guests will be invited to join the party at 6:30pm! Between 4:30pm and 6:30pm, guests of participants and special invitees will be welcomed at Limitless for Desigual Happy Hour – hosted by espy owner Megan Szanik.
- We are really excited to have BURLESQUE performances from the Garter Girls between 6pm and 9pm!
- The Mr. Nakedespy contest will continue at 7pm – the contest will be hosted by Camilla DiGiuseppe and prizes will be handed out by the lovely Miss Bikiniespy – Laura Noble!
- Drinks and food by donation all night long!
- Boudoir photobooth! Everyone needs a new profile pic, right??
- Discounts on purchases with a donation to the CPCC.
5. What is Desigual Happy Hour?
Desigual Happy Hour consists of 2 hours of giveaways from espy’s popular Spanish clothing label, Desigual! Desigual holds Happy Hour at their stores across Europe where they have 100s of balloons hanging from the ceiling with prizes attached. espy will be one of the very first independent North American retailers to hold a Desigual Happy Hour. There are 100 Desigual prizes to be given away – including a Desigual coat! And even more prizes from espy included! Just imagine Megan holding more than 100 balloons to give away to special guests…
Desigual Happy Hour will take place at Limitless – espy’s neighbor in the Art Block building! Limitless is right next door to espy - 1011 9 Ave SE. Check out the GORGEOUS furniture while Megan hands out Desigual and espy prizes. Sip your complimentary cocktails when you donate to the CPCC!
All Happy Hour attendees will be invited to the #nakedespy party at espy at 6:30pm. You will be led to espy, after a special performance from the Garter Girls, where your prizes and 100 men in their underwear will be waiting!
6. How can you attend Desigual Happy Hour and the #nakedespy party?
There are only 3 ways you can get into the #nakedespy party:
- Stand in line!
- Get your man to stand in line and be one of his 2 guests.
- Be a #nakedespy sponsor.
- Be a guest to a #nakedespy participant.
- Get invited (by way of email from espy) and RSVP as soon as your invite hits your inbox!
7. What does the #nakedespy line-up entail?
The line-up will be super fun with lots of giveaways and the first part of our Mr. Nakedespy Contest – click here for more info on the categories! We will crown Mr. Muscles, Mr. Undies, and Mr. Cutie while we’re outside – so you’re going to want to look your best for the espy stylists! Additional prizes will be given to winners.
Of course you’ll have to work out a little too! We all know the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle in the prevention of any disease.
Melrose will be back for the 3rd year in a row – this time bringing their brand new food truck!
Gravity will keep everyone warm by providing the coffee for all participants.
8.What time do I need to show up?
Styling will be begin PROMPTLY at 4:30pm. Remember – only the first 100 guys in line will receive the free clothing and entrance into the #nakedespy party. So make sure you time it right – we suggest 1pm, but you may need to be at espy even earlier!
9. Can I bring a sweater or blanket?
PLEASE bring lots of warm clothes! If you have a portable heater, please bring that as well. We cannot predict the weather – but we’re going to assume that it will be pretty chilly by the middle of November. You will not be asked to strip down to your undies until 3pm. So dress warm and bring layers!
10. How do I donate?
Donations will be made after you have been styled. We are asking for donations in either cash or cheque as it will speed up the process at the till. However, if you have sponsors that would like to donate to your cause through credit card, they can donate online on the CPCC’s website. Click here for the link. Please have your sponsor choose option #5 (ESPY FUNDRAISER) under the fund/designation category as well as indicate who the donation is for under the messages category.
Please click here for a sponsorship form and start raising money! The man who raises/donates the most will be crowned mr. #nakedespy and will receive an ADDITIONAL prize!
11. What do I get for participating and donating?
With a suggested minimum donation of $100 to the CPCC, the first 100 guys in line will receive:
- a pair of FIDELITY jeans! WOO HOO – big thanks to our long time sponsors and friends at Fidelity for hooking #nakedespy up again!
- a shirt from J.A.C.H.S !!!
- select merchandise styled just for you by the amazing espy stylists!
- all in all you will receive $500 of clothes for FREE!
- entrance for you and 2 guests into the #nakedespy party!
Check out #nakedespy on Facebook, www.nakedespy.com for all your Twitter needs, and www.espyexperience.com/nakedespy-2012/. Check out our Mr. Nakedespy page .. click here! If you have any more questions – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
the espy stylists