The end of August at espy is one of the most important times of the year for us as we prepare for the always fashion forward fall season. This preparation also means we partake in one of the biggest retail trade shows in North America, known as MAGIC – spreading across the famed Las Vegas Convention Center and the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Not to mention the additional trade show ENK, held at the Wynn Convention Center at the same time as MAGIC.
The trade show in Las Vegas is an opportunity for espy to meet with our suppliers, discover new brands, and trend spot so we know exactly what you’re going to want to wear each and every season. The time spent in Vegas is time spent researching. And what’s more fun than researching and searching for fashionable finds that end up on you!
So what did we find? Here is your espy TREND REPORT!
- The biggest trend we saw was an emphasis on interesting details to take a menswear classic and make it a statement piece. Look for the unusual this season! Check out these examples of some of our favorite detailed items for fall:
- Cool Collars
- Button Detailing
- Elbow Patches
- Unexpected Patterns
- These are all the rage! Try mixing in a colored, patterned, or textured blazer to brighten up your wardrobe. Pair a bright blazer with casual grey or tan pants for a great fall look. Finish off with a knit and a scarf and you’re right on trend.
- Red and gold are our top picks for men’s colored denim. Red and gold complement the warm neutrals of fall and are easy to transition into a wardrobe with an abundance of basics.
Check out RD Style’s adorable Trend Wish List for the ladies:
Love it! Here are some of espy’s favs:
1. Printed Denim and Printed Tights
- Spring ’12 was all about colored denim, Fall ’12 is all about the prints. Printed skinnies are the must-have this season.
2. STUDS on STUDS on STUDS
- Who doesn’t want to be a bit of a bad a**?? Studs on everything from sheers to booties to motorcycle jackets in leather and denim will toughen up your fall look or give a little edge to the feminine laces, sheers, and sweaters of fall.
3. Mesh Inserts
- The sexiest way to subtly show some skin without really showing anything! This is the new look for the classic little black dress. Your LBD won’t know what hit it with these details (and neither will your boyfriend!).
4. Collar Necklaces
- No..we don’t mean spikes. We mean super feminine necklaces that sit above or on the collar bone. Try a collar necklace in a Peter Pan collar shape and maybe even a little Egyptian influence if you’re feeling brave! Chunky collar necklaces are an easy way to dress up a casual sweater or add some interest to a basic outfit.
5. Booties with Everything
- The boot of the season is definitely the short bootie. We’ve all got our tall boots for the winter – but before it’s -30 degrees…try switching it up with an ankle bootie that has a chunky heel. Ankle booties look great with printed and colored denim. And just as cute with tights and dresses when you’re layering up this fall.
Look forward to these Spring 2013 trends:
- Printed shorts and blazers
- More pastels
- Ombres, fade outs, tie dyes
- Nautical…because it happens every year, every season!
There you have it! espy’s Fall 2012 Trend Report straight from the convention centers of Las Vegas! Look forward to seeing all the best trends in store and more How-To Blogs on the best way to mix the latest and greatest into your wardrobe.
the espy stylists